This list makes it almost too easy for you to get healthier. Healthy eating can take time, but making small changes on a daily or weekly basis can do wonders for your health! Try incorporating some of these food swaps to help shed that additional hard to move weight.
- White bread/bagels à for sourdough or gluten free bread
- Vegetables oils à for extra virgin olive oil and coconut oil
- Fruit juice/smoothies à 1 whole fruit, a protein smoothie, vegetable juice, or vegetable sticks with hummus
- Gluten, wheat à for wholegrain crabs such as brown rice, quinoa, oats, sweet potato, pumpkin
- Milk chocolate à for dark chocolate (70% +)
- Packaged foods à whole foods which are fresh and locally sourced (when possible)
- Alcohol for soda and fresh lime or lemon, or opt for vodka with fresh lemon/lime and soda
- 3/4/5+ coffees a day à one coffee (with no sugar) before midday
- Sweet/junk foods (candy) à fresh (medjool) dates with nut butter, berries, 70% dark chocolate
- Low fat products à high fat products
- Flavoured yoghurt à plain greek or coconut yoghurt
- Sugar and artificial sweeteners à for stevia
- A carbohydrate rich dinner à for a meal loaded with non starchy veggies (half a plate), 1 protein source and 1 healthy fat source
- Energy drinks and sodas à for sparkling water, kombucha, kefir, herbal teas
One final tip, ensure you have a good quality protein source with each main meal. Protein really supports weight loss as it creates a thermogenic affect in the body, and helps to keep sugar cravings at bay. Also ensure you load up with plate with lots of fresh non-starchy veggies as well to ensure you are getting enough fibre to bulk up those stools to clear waste products from your body.
I have put together a 6 week weight loss programme. So, if you’d like to lose 3-6kilos in 6 weeks book in consultation with me today.