The Ajna Light™ is an advanced therapy that induces relaxation in the brain through programmed bursts of light onto the forehead. It is one of the easiest ways to induce a meditative state, allowing you to deeply relax and release mental tension. It also affects the pineal gland, a mysterious endocrine gland in the centre of the brain, which relates to the ancient yogic concept of the Ajna Chakra, and is said to regulate sleep, ageing and access to wisdom and clear thinking.
Benefits of Ajna Light™ Therapy
- Feel calmer immediately
- Reduce stress easily in 10 minutes
- Feel restoratively rested and blissed
- Sleep deeply and peacefully
- Heal faster naturally, improve your wellbeing
- Re-energise yourself, body and mind
- Awaken intuition and imagination
- Activate your brain chemistry
- Produce naturally healthy hormones
- Make better lifestyle decisions
- Take more responsibility for your body and mind
”The Ajna Light is absolutely amazing! It’s the best thing I have done. Unbelievable! It’s better than chemical therapy. It’s keeping me going. Thank you so much.BrentLong term patient with brain tumour
How Ajna Light™ Therapy works
- Lie or sit down and we will safely and simply help you into a deeply relaxed, meditative state.
- Within ten minutes most people release the major stress in their body.
- Activate your pineal gland to produce DMT, natural dimethyltryptamine, promoting meditation and bliss.
- Entrain your brainwaves using safe, programmed flickering light.
- Takes you through a series of brainwave states towards deep field, whole body relaxation.
- Under stress you still respond physiologically to the brainwave entrainment, regardless how busy your mind or life.
- Your body recognises these light patterns and automatically releases tension and restores natural bio chemistry.
- It is thought that these biophotons form a light-based communication between all the cells in the body, including bacteria in the gut (which make up 90% of the up to 100 trillion cells in the body). This helps calm the mind and activates gut and head brain harmony.
- You might experience bliss-enhancing kaleidoscopic colourful visions.
- Sessions vary from 20-90 minutes.
Light therapy has been used since ancient times, however it is not suitable for everyone. If you have ever had an epileptic episode or if there is a family history of epilepsy then the Ajna Light is not recommended for you. If you have ever taken anti-psychotic medication, have a sensitivity to light (especially flickering lights) or have had eye surgery we need to discuss it first.
The Origin of the Ajna Light™
The Ajna Light™ System activates DMT (Dimethyltryptamine) in the brain. DMT is similar in structure to serotonin – a chemical linked to happiness and a sense of wellbeing – and one which occurs naturally in the human brain. Usually, this is only naturally released at birth and death, or by people practised at yoga, meditation or deep field relaxation.
The system is developed by Guy Harriman, the son of two British doctors, a psychiatrist and a pathologist, Harriman grew up around frank discussions about the workings of the brain and was routinely taken to his parents’ laboratories. He eventually entered medical school himself but his training left him disillusioned, and despite doing well he eventually dropped out –instead opting to study computing and information technology.
After completing a degree in electronics at the University of Manchester, Harriman moved stateside to enter the then-burgeoning tech world of Silicon Valley. He spent his early years working with the one and only Steve Jobs at NeXT Computer (the company Jobs founded after initially being forced out of Apple), and recalls, with a laugh, feeling like they were the only two vegans in the valley. He remembers being inspired by Jobs’s approach to life – to follow his heart and listen to his gut, even in the highly logical world of business and tech.
After many years, Harriman retired from the world of IT, and felt an inexplicable yet irresistible pull to Thailand, where he acquired some land and started LannaYoga, allowing him an unprecedented opportunity to focus full-time on the healing arts.
The initial inspiration for the Light system came when Harriman was introduced to a similar, less developed machine. This light system was beautiful, with expensive furnishings and flashy looks, but lacked the latest technology. Intrigued, Harriman decided to combine his own medical, wellness and technological expertise to create a new machine, one that used cutting edge equipment. As he puts it, “I saw that I could create a machine that was ten times better, and for a tenth of the price.”
Light therapy is influenced by the work of both Czech anatomist Jan Purkyne and psychiatrist and medical hypnosis pioneer Milton Hyland Erickson, who both focused their research on the mysterious states which lie between consciousness and sleep.
Light can induce a trance, “verified by measuring the brainwaves of those under treatment,” by manipulating the cerebellum with specific frequencies, which is then heightened by adding relaxing music or drumming.